Direct Flights from France to Scotland
The majority of visitors who fly to Scotland come here through London, but with the rise of budget airlines like RyanAir and EasyJet, it can be easier and cheaper to fly directly from mainland Europe to Scotland without a stop in London first. There are now direct flights from all over France to the four main international airports of Scotland. If you are looking to maximize your time in Scotland, an idea I can certainly get behind, check out the list of flights below for all the different options.
It should come as no surprise that there are the most flights leaving Paris and the most arriving in Edinburgh, but it might surprise some travelers to see how many different ways there are to get from France to Scotland with a direct flight. Fares vary, of course, by the season and the airports, but to take EasyJet as an example, there are fares as cheap as €24 for Paris to Edinburgh, so these direct flights can be a huge savings over a stop in London if you pick the right dates.
One note on Paris to Glasgow flights. Although there is a flight from Paris-Beauvais to Glasgow Prestwick, remember that both of these airports are pretty far outside of their respective cities, so the CDG to GLA flight could end up being a lot cheaper and faster if you factor in ground transportation on both sides.
Flights to Edinburgh (EDI)
- From Paris (CDG) on CityJet or EasyJet
- From Bordeaux (BOD) on RyanAir
- From Lyon (LYS) on EasyJet
- From Marseille (MRS) on RyanAir
- From Nice (NCE) on EasyJet
- From Rennes (RNS) on Flybe
- From Avignon (AVN) on Jet2.com
- From Chambéry (CMF) on Jet2.com
- From Limoge (LIG) on RyanAir
- From La Rochelle (LRH) on Jet2.com
Flights to Glasgow International (GLA)
- From Paris (CDG) on EasyJet or Flybe
- From La Rochelle (LRH) on Flybe
Flights to Glasgow Prestwick (PIK)
- From Paris-Beauvais (BVA) on RyanAir
Flights to Aberdeen (ABZ)
- From Paris (CDG) on Air France